A. RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Assessment of Impacts and Adaptations to Climate Change (AIACC).
This is a capacity building project to evaluate the adaptations to climate change in the Lake Victoria Region. The project is undertaken in joint collaboration with Uganda and Tanzania. Prof. Shem O. Wandiga is the Principal Investigator for Kenya while Prof. P.Z. Yanda and Prof. P.I. Mugambi are for Tanzania and Uganda respectively.
- Elaboration on the Science, Technology and Innovations Policy.
This project was funded by UNESCO under the participation programme The project aims at developing a National Science, Technology and Innovations Policy that will steer the Nation into the next decade in a globally knowledge led society.
- Natural Products from African Plants Project
This project has been running at the Academy for over six years under joint administration of Prof. Midiwo and the Academy.
The Project have been funded by the following organizations:
- Analyticon Discovery GMBH - Germany
- L'Oreal - France
- Mississippi, National Centre for Natural Products Research
B. COMMISSIONED RESEARCH PROJECTS BY THE GOVERNMENT OF KENYA
- Mbita Causeway Project, (Fish Mortality) 1988
- Prisons and Crimes Project 1991
- Dry land crops project 1991
- Adolescent fertility research project 1991
- Parking boys rehabilitation research project 1991
- Mombasa coastal water project
C. UPCOMING PROJECTS
- Sustainable management of Water Resources in the East-African Rift System.
"THE MAWARI PROJECT"
The project will gather research resources in the field of underground water resources of four countries namely Ethiopia, Kenya, Djibouti and France. The project will be administered by the International Centre for Training and Exchange in Geo-Sciences (CIFEG). The research intuitions specialized in underground water resources so far invited include the following:
- Addis Ababa University
- The Ethiopian Science and Technology Commission (ESTC)
- The CERD - Centre d' Etudes et de Recherch